1.26.2010

Mondays Meal-Cuban Chicken & Vegetables

I'm happy to report that mondays meal turned out rather good. There was a small set back when I went to add the orange juice, only to realize that I had drink it all the night before with my friend vodka. So then I had to wait for Rich to stop at the store, but whatevs, it all worked out in the end.

Cuban Chicken & Vegetables
recipe from Woman's Day magazine

Ingredients:
8 small chicken drumsticks
2 small bell peppers cut into 3/4" wedges
2 cups butternut squash chunks (Rich wont eat squash, so I added some red onion instead)
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp each ground cumin and minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 500°F. You'll need to rimmed baking pans lined with foil. (Next time I think Ill spray the foil as well, so the food won't stick)

2. Place half of the chicken, peppers and squash on each of the 2 pans.

3. Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour all but 1/4 cup over chicken and vegetables. Toss to coat.


4. Place pans in oven and roast 15 min. Remove pans and toss vegetables and chicken. Return to oven and roast 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

5. Drizzle servings with reserved mixture.


I think I ended up cooking the chicken for about 40 minutes, but I'm super anal about my meat being cooked. And me and Rich both thought that putting more of the mixture on before serving it was overkill. But otherwise it was really good! And sorry about the blurry pictures, momma was HUNGRY!

Serves 4
Per serving: 249 Calories, 12 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein, 16 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber
xoxo

6 comments:

Candice said...

That looks so delicious!!!!! Have a great day :)

*Trisha* said...

Mmmmm. Very yummy looking :)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That looks wonderful. We love squash, but I would have to replace cilantro with Italian parsley.

Sam said...

Well I know where I'll be having dinner this week.. Does 5pm sound ok? Hehee.

It looks delicious!!

Gabby said...

That looks delish! I'll be making this one for sure.

Kitty Stampede said...

YUMMAY! this looks scrumpt!