2.26.2013

DIY: Easy Homemade Foot Scrub



I am straight up mean to my feet. I abuse them by going barefoot A LOT, and when I do wear shoes it's usually without socks. The result is dry feet that just look so...sad.
But there is any easy, cheap fix that totally takes care of the problem! This foot scrub is made with stuff you probably have in your kitchen right now, and works better than some store bought products I've tried.





What you need:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice

This makes enough for a single scrubbing, but I like to double or triple the recipe and store it in a jelly jar. It will keep for several weeks and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Just mix everything together until its all combined. Soak your poor, poor feet in some warm water for a few minutes, then rub it on. Use it on your feet, legs, knees, or elbows, and just rinse off when done. It feels, and smells, awesome. I sometimes like to use a soft grit pumice to really get that dry skin off. Pat them dry and rub some lotion into those pampered toes.

And for the times I've been particularly mean to my feet, I follow up by slathering them with vaseline and putting on a pair of plushy socks (i.e., my husbands socks).
Its cold and rainy today, so a spa day is definitely in order. Give this a try, you won't be sorry!


1 comment:

drollgirl said...

my feet are always jacked up! i will try this!!!!!! i love a good foot treatment. it makes all the difference in the world.

p.s. sometimes i add almond oil to lotion and slather it on to the feet and the body. it is awesome!