I want to get back into posting some of the delicious recipes I try, so I've decided to start doing a Foodie Friday feature. I'll be even more excited to cook once our kitchen is finished! We are getting pretty close, the counter tops have been painted, and we are narrowing down the choices on new appliance.
I can't wait to have it all finished! And to have the kitchen table out of our living room.
This weeks recipe is Pizza Grilled Cheese. People have probably been making this delicacy for centuries, but I just found out about it, and I am in love.
Seriously, like I-served-it-to-my-family-3-times-in-one-week love. And thats deep.
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
----I say optional, but if you don't add the pepperonis, I will consider you a crazy person.
1. Preheat skillet on medium.
2. Butter one side of the bread, and sprinkle with a little garlic powder and dried oregano. Place butter side down onto heated skillet.
3. Top bread with 1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce.
4. Top that with about a half a cup of shredded mozzarella.
5. Layer on the pepperonis (as many as you want) then top with more cheese.
6. Spread marinara onto another piece of bread, and place marinara side down onto the sandwich.
7. Spread the top with butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano.
8. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, flipping occasionally.
Feel free to leave the links to your favorite recipes in the comments, I'm always looking for new things to try!
Have a great weekend!