3.30.2010

Misikko Hana Professional Flat Iron review-cause this girls got some CRAZY hair!

Have I ever told you about how I have the curliest, most unruly, unmanageable, demon-spawn hair ever?? Because I do. Check the evidence.
Thats some serious hair right there. 
I have spent the last 26 years trying every imaginable option to tame the beast, which involves LOTS of product, LOTS of patience, and a really good flat iron. 

I recently received a Hana Professional Flat Iron from Misikko (Pink Edition!) to try on my Shirley Temple curls, and have been super impressed with it. The first thing that stands out about Misikko is their exceptional customer service. Not only did they package ship super quick, but it arrived with TONS of extra goodies that I wasn't expecting. It arrived in a special edition tin case, with a Luxe heat proof storage pouch and a heat proof silicone mat. There was also a bottle of their Hana ShineShield Thermal Protectant, which smells amazing and left my hair feeling silky, but not greasy, a gift pouch with some Misikko nail files, lip gloss and hand sanitizer, and was all topped off with a beautiful fake flower. Seriously, presentation is key, and this blew my mind!
I couldn't wait to try it out on my hair! I was a little skeptical at first, because I'm used to using a larger flat iron, and this is only a 1". I always assumed a larger one would be better, so I could get more hair done at a time, but after using this I realize how much better the smaller ones are for getting really close to the roots, and being smaller it was lighter and easier to handle. Once I got going, I couldn't be stopped!
I'm in love ♥ This is the best flat iron!!
Do you see the half-and-half picture?? It's like night and day!

Missikko has a variety of professional flat irons, such as the ever popular CHI hair straightener and T3 Tourmaline flat irons.

I am happy to say that the beast has been tamed!!!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

ohhhhh lady it looks awesome!! i love it!! i want one!! how much do these bad boys run? i'm in the market for a new flat iron!

Amber Filkins said...

Wow! That is fantastic! I never knew you had such crazy, ahem......curly hair! ;) I cannot even imagine having to tame curly hair every day. I don't have the patience for that! Your hair looks amazing in that half & half picture!! So hard to even imagine that it was as curly as the other side! I may have to check into those straight irons!

♥♥♥

bananas. said...

I started using a 1 incher years ago and it changed my life. I' ve had my flat iron for that long too and it has yet to fail me. My hair is crazy frizzy! So i know your pain.

drollgirl said...

WHAT!!! i had no idea you had curly locks!!! you are so lucky -- you can go straight or boingy -- whichever suits your fancy!

melifaif said...

So now I know what Layla will want in about 10 years...or sooner. I bet Layla will have hair just like yours! Curly, but straightens well. How much????

Unknown said...

Its about $120. Meli, you have SO much fun ahead of you with that girls hair!!! I remember my mom attempting to do my hair when I was little. It was TORTURE!!

Gabby said...

I have the Hana sitting pretty in my bathroom right now...but I have yet to use it! I was thinking the same thing about the size. Guess bigger isn't always better! haha

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dude, I too have crazy wavy hair... gotta try this. My ancient Chi is on its last legs!

Jill said...

Is it expensive? Mine's a 2 inch, i always thought bigger was better too lol

Iva Messy said...

wow!!!! looks like its amazing!!! I love my flatiron too!!! a must have with my hair too lol ;)