7.27.2012

YUM-Apple Pie Oatmeal

I love oatmeal. Most days I just pour some oats in a jar, add a dash of salt and brown sugar, and pour in some Almond Milk. Then I put a lid on it, let it soak on my way to work, and by time I'm sitting at my desk I have a easy, filling breakfast.

But, on days when I have more time, this 
Apple Pie Oatmeal 
is like my special treat.
And easy. All you need is:
1 apple, cut from the core and chopped into bite size pieces
1 cup  of water
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the oats, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Adjusted the heat to low and simmer the oatmeal until apples are a little soft and liquid is all absorbed, about 5-7 minutes. Top it off with a little milk (I use Sugar Free Vanilla Almond Milk) and a sprinkle of brown sugar. 

So. Good.
Recipe adapted from Family Feedbag


No comments: