This is one of my favorite dishes EVER! It's fairly easy, taste delicious, and looks pretty, so its perfect to serve when you have guest. And don't skimp on the sauce, it's the best part!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 slices swiss cheese
4 slices cooked deli ham
1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 7x11" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pound chicken breast to quarter inch thickness...or just do like ma and cut them in half.
3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast and secure with toothpicks.
4. Dip each rolled breast in egg wash, then roll in bread crumbs, getting it completely coated.
5. Place in baking dish, and top each roll with a pat of butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from oven and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each, then return to oven until cheese is melted.
6. Remove toothpicks and slice rolls. Serve immediately with sauce (recipe below)
In a small saucepan mix 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Heat, and serve over top of finished chicken.
Aaaaaannnnndddddd....my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I'm off to lunch...
adapted from recipe found here