8.17.2010

The time has come for one and all...To play ball!

Happy short week to me!! I got to stay home with my little man yesterday, and it was great! Sometimes I feel that between work and everything else, I barely get to spend anytime with him. So we took the day to have fun, and luckily it was nice out so he got to play outside.
He's getting so big!

It was nice to have the day off to relax after the weekend, which included taking Lincoln to see his first baseball game!

While we have no major teams of any sport here, we are home to the Evansville Otters baseball team. Honestly, I'm not a big sports fan, especially baseball (boring), but there is one cool thing about the Otters (and its definitely not that their the freakin Otters. Who picks an otter as their team mascot?? seriously.)







Their home field is Evansville's own Bosse Field, which besides being the third oldest professional ballpark in the country after Fenway and Wrigley, was used as the Racine Bells home stadium in "A League of Their Own".


Cool stuff, a little piece of movie history in southern Indiana...

Hope everyone had a great weekend!



4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We love taking the dude to baseball games. Daddy is hoping that he follows in his footsteps and plays pro. Mommy has to remind Daddy that she has no athletic talent and the dude has half her genes. HA! How cool that you got to go to the A League of Their Own stadium! Love that flick.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post! thank you for sharing this information. stoictia.blogspot.com really got under my
[url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] bookmarked... Keep up the great site...

CraftGirlAlli said...

Okay, so I knew you lived in IN...but I had no clue you lived in Evansville! I went to school at USI for a couple years. Infact, we were just down in Evansville a couple weeks ago. My old roommate still lives there and we went to visit.

drollgirl said...

can i just tell you that your little man is SO CUTE?@!?@? ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! i am sure he is a hand full, but he is SO CUTE! and i bet he loves spending time with his mama!